access statement PAGE1
1. Built as two townhouses in the 1820’s by the celebrated partnership of architect Charles Busby and builder Amon Wilds, drakes is a grade 2 listed building and has retained many of its beautiful architectural features. However, as a consequence, the structure of the building presents some physical barriers to accessibility.
2. Whilst we are able to accommodate guests with limited mobility, we do not have facilities suitable for those guests who are confined to a wheelchair.
3. If you do have any special requirements please do not hesitate to contact us before making a reservation so that we can endeavour to meet your requirements.
1. We welcome correspondence by phone, fax, letter or email.
2. This document, the hotel brochure, tariffs and all menus can be provided in a larger font, and are also available on our website.
3. A printed route to the hotel can be provided on request
4. Brighton train station is located at the north end of Queens Road, this is approximately a 15 minute walk from us, though there is a busy taxi rank available at the stations exit and will cost around £5 to drakes, or Brighton & Hove buses stop at the station, numbers 12, 14 and 27 pass drakes, and you will need to get off at the New Steine bus stop.
5. Pool Valley bus station is located just off the Old Steine near to the Brighton Pier, and is approximately 5 minutes walk away
6. We can arrange a taxi to collect you.
7. We do try to call you prior to your arrival to check that you know where we are and to offer advice on getting to Brighton, restaurants and to answer any queries.
8. drakes is strictly a non smoking environment.
Arrival & Parking
1. drakes is fronted by a small rock fountain, backed by a discrete glass sign, please note there is no signage on the building.
2. We have small level red resin bound forecourt with parking for up to 4 cars, this leads onto 6 tiled steps up in to a pillared porch with double doors, the left door is the larger and has an intercom door bell, this door is open and freely accessible from 7am -11pm.
3. We have a further 8 car parking spaces just off Rock place in a private residential area, which are sold on a first come first served basis and are charged at £12.50 per night, on arrival please call us or come into the reception for us to allocate you a space. On the rare occasions that there is no parking available, there is on-street parking, a local NCP and parking at Brighton Marina all of which are close by.
Reception & Ground Floor
1. When you first enter drakes you will see the original canter lever staircase to the bedrooms directly in front of you, reception is located within the bar lounge on the ground floor to the right of the entrance.
2. Registration is at the bar (112cm high) or if you choose at an available table in the lounge area.
3. We will take your luggage to your room.
4. Once registration is completed we will show you to your room, run through some of the more technical contents of your room.
5. The bar lounge has glass tables with leather tub chairs and three small sofas and offers drinks via both bar and table service.
6. There is one unisex toilet on the ground floor to the right of the main staircase at the approach to the lower ground floor.